Friday, February 17, 2006

Too Blind To See

I've been saying that I was gonna blog about this for a while, but I'm gonna do it today. It burns me OH SO WRONG when I see people in the merging lanes that DON'T get over when you make space. I give you space to get in 40 yards before the lane ends, motioning for you to get in, and you don't get in!! You keep driving parallel to the space I make until the lane ends, THEN decide to get over. I say screw it now. If I give you the space and you don't take it, I'm closing the hole. A week ago, I saw a guy in a Denali in the merging lane drive to the white line and KEPT DRIVING FORWARD!!! Mind you, we're on a bridge crossing the Mississippi River, and there's traffic on both his left AND his right (there was an on-ramp lane to our right). Luckily, he didn't kill anybody, but that's a PERFECT example of merge-lane ignorance that I'm talking about. There should be a lane merge portion of the driver's license test. DRIVE CORRECTLY OR CATCH A CAB!!!

-B

No comments: